Friday, March 07, 2003

Mind Over Heart

If I had one wish, boy
I`d wish you next to me
and it could be in summer, fall or spring, boy
`cause you make my heart sing
I wanna give my heart, my soul, my love to you
oh baby, oh baby
`cause every day I`m not with you
I`m missing you like crazy

~Faith Evans, "Never Gonna Let You Go"


I've always know I'm that kind of person. Coz whenever I clasp my hands and let my fingers intertwine, the most comfortable grasp for me would show my right thumb on top of my left thumb. (Try it.) So they say those people follow the mind over the heart. And if its the opposite, left thumb over right thumb, its heart over mind.

I've always wondered if it's true. Probably. Almost all the people I know are "heart over mind". Maybe that's why I'm having a tough time deciding right now. Would you believe I even wrote something to compare the good and bad sides? I have this "HEART says, MIND says" thing going on.*

Should I really decide? Or just go with the flow? I've told him never to expect something from me and that's ok. At least that's clear. He has no problem with that. I guess I better stick to the plan.



'Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away
And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today
'Cause I love you, whether it's wrong or right
And though I can't be with you tonight
And know my heart is by your side

~Daniel Bedingfield, "If You're Not The One"


--------------------
*NOTE TO SELF: refer to Basketcase

No comments: