Friday, December 13, 2002

I changed my mobile phone's ringing tone to Christmas tunes just in case that would help me find my Christmas spirit.

Scribbled Thoughts
(11:05 A.M., Friday the 13th)

Twelve days before Christmas. Five days before my mom's birthday and The Two Towers premiere. I was disappointed at work today. Ok, so what's new? The gloom and doomed attitude has descended upon me once more. I was listing down stuff, calculating and deciding NOT to give in to the urge of impulse buying. Sorry if i can't give you gifts this Christmas. Next year na lang. Hehehe!

If only I can prevent myself from going to malls at this time of the year. But then I go to work, I pass by a mall. I go home, I pass by a mall. I need to meet a friend, we'd meet in the mall. Temptations all over. Tsk tsk! Here I am, sitting alone in the foodcourt, writing my thoughts again. I'm beginning to form a habit out of it already and I'm getting the hang of it. Am I weird or what? :)

This place is so bright and cheery, I feel out of place. Looking at all the strangers around me, I feel alienated. I also noticed a while ago, when I saw something funny, I realized I WAS NOT SMILING. The corners of my eyes were not wrinkling up a bit. (Not that I had an acute attack of Bell's Palsy*...) Although I don't smile all the time, I'm the type of person who would smile at something funny even if I'm alone. So, THAT freaked me out.

I ought to watch a comedy film ASAP. That might stretch ang exercise my facial muscles.

--------------------
*Bell's Palsy: idiopathic condition; paralysis of tha facial muscles (usually half of the face, depending on what part of the facial nerve is affected)

~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~


Somebody just made me smile! Yes, a real smile and I didn't expect it to come from an alien like me.They're having a program in the mall now and I saw kids and not-so-kids wear the Stitch hat. They look hilarious! I found myself giggling with the kids.I went and grabbed one hat for my toddler cousin. Then the guy who gave me a hat asked me if I can join the games. I smiled and said, "Maybe later."
Thanks Stitch**!!! :)

--------------------
**Stitch: the Walt Disney cartoon character from the movie "Lilo and Stitch".

No comments: