Sunday, December 01, 2002

“People are never more insecure than when they become more obsessed with their failures at the expense of their dreams.” ~Norman Cousins, writer

Here’s another poem quite similar to the poem I posted before.

It Can’t Be Done

The man who misses all the fun,
Is he who says, “It can’t be done.”
In solemn pride he stands aloof,
And greets each venture with reproof.
Had he the power, he’d erase
The history of the human race!
We’d have no radio or motorcars,
No streets lit by electric stars;
No telegraph, no telephone,
We’d linger in the age of stone.
The world would sleep if things were run,
By men who said, “It can’t be done.”


It’s my way of motivating myself. Got to face the fact this will be a “different” Christmas from what we have years before. I also wonder, where will I be 365 days from now? I’m not quite sure but I want it to be in a cold place, much colder than our weather here. Maybe quite sadder, a bit homesick, but then I will find things to be happy about out there. Yeah, we will be having our interview this coming January-- an interview that might break or make our future. Quite dramatic but actually I’m scared. I mean, I’m inexperienced when it comes to one-on-one interviews, not to mention selling myself during that moment. How will I do that? I’m not so sure but I will soon find out.

“Work harder on yourself rather then you do at your job. When you work at your job, you make a living. When you work on yourself, you’ll make a fortune.” ~Jim Rohn, motivational speaker

And lastly…

Destiny doesn’t happen. It arrives. And when it does, you either batten down the hatches and wait until it blows or you swing open the gates and invite in to supper.

So, what’s cookin’? :)

No comments: