Monday, December 16, 2002

The Yin and Yang of My Life

The yin and yang represent all the opposite principles one finds in the universe.

I thought of that symbol as I think of events that transpired today. Makes me think of good versus evil, God versus Lucifer, the dark forces of Sauron versus the good forces in Middle Earth led by Gandalf. Mwahahaha!

I slept before midnight last night. That was a change. But then when my mom was trying to wake me up at early dawn for Simbang Gabi, I didn't even budge. So I woke up early and went to work like a good employee. After lunch, I met up with a friend to drop by our resumes at this office. They had an ad in the paper and they're hiring Physical Therapists. So, as fresh grads in need of a job, we went. It was just a scam. They were hiring people with degrees for Marketing and Sales. DUH? I am not a salesperson. What bothered me most is the fact that they kept our alumni ID's so that we would be able to attend the orientation tomorrow (6:30 AM to 4:30 PM). Can you believe that? There was even an IT professional there who got angry since their ad is deceiving. So I guess I have to get my ID back. I have to sacrifice a day at work, just to attend an orientation and an "OJT" for a job I would never want to have.

That's the force of evil working... The Dark Side...

The good thing: I got a call today from People Support. Yes, I got in and I will be training for them next year (January 6). Wa-hey! I'll be having my orientation tomorrow at 5:30 PM. It's not a PT job, but I like it. I mean, new friends, training to improve my people and verbal skills, access to internet during work (Wowee!), night shifts with better pay than what I'm receiving now. I am looking forward to experiencing that. Even if it would only mean three months working in Makati City.

I'm still NOT abandoning my plans to go and work abroad. I am still processing my papers there. But while waiting, why not have fun, right? Have fun and earn at the same time.

That's the good side of life. Just like (Isaac) Newton’s Third Law, which states that "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Yin and Yang. :)

No comments: