Tuesday, December 17, 2002

I'm walking away from the troubles in my life
I'm walking away oh to find a better day
I'm walking away from the troubles in my life
I'm walking away oh to find a better day
I'm walking away


~"Walking Away", Craig David

If only it were that easy. Just walk away and everything goes *poof!* Gone. No trace whatsoever. No scars. They say time heals all wounds. I hope so. Forgive and forget. But I have a tendency to forgive, but not forget... and a tendency to prevent myself from getting wounded, not just wait for time heal it and leave me scarred for life. But how could I learn when I'm always on the defensive end, right?

Oh yeah. As a sensitive person, I've always tried to harden my shell. Call me autistic 'coz I sometimes have my own world. It's ok. That would choose the people who are persistent enough to knock on my hard shell until I open it. But I wonder why, with that tough shell, I'm still having a hard time desensitizing myself and preventing myself from getting hurt.

We get to meet a lot of people everyday. We don't plan it 'coz most of the time, it just happens. Different people from various walks of life. These people may have a similarity to our characters and sometimes, they're the opposite of what we are. But like I said, they come and go. Only a few special ones stay. But we get to know them for different reasons--- maybe to let us understand, to open our eyes, our minds and hearts, or maybe to teach us. We may not want what they offer, but we need it. Maybe not now. The day will just come when we remember a particular person and say, "Thanks for teaching me that." But then we have to wait until the time we're ready to "apply" what we learned. Sometimes, we want them to stay, but they could not. We move on. They move on. Be glad they became a part of our lives even for a while.

Yeah, just look on the bright side, right? But sometimes, it's really sad... Sad to let go. Sad to understand why they can't stay. Sad to realize that not all good things last. Thank God for our memories.

No comments: